Moong Dal Halwa
- Yellow Moong Dal: 1 Cup, (Split yellow gram)
- Mahaan Milk Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Sugar: 1+1/4 Cups
- Cardamom Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Saffron: Few Strands
- Mahaan Ghee: 6 Tablespoons
- Mix the Mahaan Milk powder in 2 cups of warm water nicely
- Drain & grind to a coarse paste using very little water.
- Soak the moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Dissolve the saffron in 1 tablespoon of warm Mahaan milk powder solution and keep aside.
- Melt the Mahaan ghee in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add the moong dal paste and stir the mixture continuously on 6.a low flame till it becomes golden brown.
- Add in the warm milk and 1 cup of warm water and cook, stirring continuously till absorbed.
- Add the sugar and cook on a slow flame till the Mahaan ghee separates.
- Add the saffron and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot, garnished with slivers of almonds and pistachios.
Ice Cream Milk Shake
- Mahaan Milk powder: 3 teaspoons
- Sugar: 50 - 75 grams (depending on required sweetness)
- Ice Cream: Any Flavor (as per taste)
- Malt: 1 Teaspoon (optional)
- Mix the Mahaan milk powder in 3 cups of water nicely
- In the blender add the Mahaan milk powder solution.
- Add 3 to 4 scoops of Ice cream & sugar.
- Beat them well in the blender so the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Serve it with ice cubes or as desired.
< 2 / 3 >